Facebook was one of the earliest social media platforms that let users connect and share their lives with other people. Facebook provides an excellent opportunity to connect with even those with whom you lost touch many years ago. This platform is a great way to be part of groups, share information on shared interests and professions.
On Facebook, you can also send private messages to your friends and colleagues. But many a time, you may receive annoying notifications from unrelated people. These messages can be a headache if something is not done about them. In these cases, what you can do is that you can ignore the contact from whom you don’t want to receive the message without necessarily blocking them. After muting the messages from them, you won’t get the notification.
But once you have mute/ignore the messages on Facebook, what if you want to unmute them back?
So here, this article will provide detail to unignore messages on Facebook and messenger.
But before unignoring the messages, you should know how to ignore chats.
For many of you who don’t know how to ignore the messages, here are the simple steps to follow:
- Login to your messenger app on your device
- At the bottom section, you will see the option of Active People. Click on that
- Go to the chat of the person that you want to ignore
- Tap and long-press on the chat, and you will see many options appearing
- Go to the Ignore Chat option
- A confirmation message will appear to check if you want to ignore
- Tap Ignore again, and the chat will be muted
How to unignore someone on Facebook messenger
The steps to unignore someone are easy. The different devices may have a different setting to unignore someone.
Messenger Unignore on Android Device
- Open the messenger on your device and go to the profile option
- Click on the profile icon and select the ‘Message Requests’ option
- Here you will see two tabs titled, as You may know, and Spam tab. Click on the Spam tab.
- Here you will see a list of all the conversations that you have previously ignored.
- To unignore them, send them a message, and those contacts will no longer be in the Ignored folder.
- Now, the contacts will be visible in the regular chat options.
Messenger Unignore on iOS Devices
The iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad may have different options from the android devices so let’s see how to unmute someone on Facebook messenger on these devices.
- Open the messenger application on an iOS device and go to the profile option located on your screen’s left side at the top.
- Next, you will see ‘Message Requests’ below the Active Status option.
- Again, tap on the Spam option and open the particular conversation you want to unmute on the Facebook messenger.
- The contact will be unignored when you send a message to him/her.
Now you can find that person in simple chat options
Messenger Unignore on Personal Computers
- Log into your account
- On the toolbar, you will find two sections of the icons
- On the other side of the segregating line, the middle one of the icons is the messenger icon.
- Once inside the messenger option, there are two tabs. One is the Recent tab, and the other one is Message Requests.
- Choose the second option
- Now click on the ‘See Filtered Messages’ option
- Here you will find all the contacts that you have ignored. To unignore them, you have to click on the chat. Send them a message, and you are good to go.
- They will receive the message and the notification that you both can chat and video call.
- Their conversation will all the unignored contacts will appear in the standard chat list.
Messenger Unignore On personal Computers (Messenger.com App)
- Login to your messenger.com account and go to the settings options that look like a gear icon adjacent to the Chats heading.
- A drop-down list will appear, and there you will find message requests, the second option on the first group of icons.
- Once inside the Message Requests, you will find the See Spam option. Click on it.
- All the ignored contacts are listed in this section
- Send a message to the person you want to unmute, and it is done.
- You can now see the contact along with the other chats in the general inbox.
The ignore and unignore is a convenient feature that Facebook has introduced for its users. This feature has saved many users from going into the trouble of blocking the contacts who they do not want to reply. These messages will go into message requests, and until you unmute them from there, they won’t bother you in the future. On the other hand, when you want to go back to that contact, you have muted before, that is equally easy, and all the steps have been discussed in detail.
Note: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.